Global Teachers Institute
The Global Teachers Institute (GTI) is a teacher development platform dedicated to strengthening teacher capacity and the quality of schooling in South Africa and across the world by changing the way teachers are trained. The GTI aims to empower student teachers, current faculty, school leaders, and education organisations by offering a range of programs that refocus teacher training and professional development on the principles of classroom excellence, consciousness development, and social responsibility.
Global Teacher Institute seeks to appoint a Teacher Development Consultant for the future leaders programme, to be based in Western Cape.
The purpose of the Teacher Development Consultant is to act as the lead GTI trainer and representative in a particular region for GTI activities.
The Future Leaders Programme (FLP) is a teacher training program that provides school-based training, mentoring, and professional development to pre-service and in-service teachers. The program seeks to develop a new generation of highly capable educators by immersing pre-service teachers full-time in schools. The program also seeks to provide in-service teachers with experiences to improve their own teaching practice, instructional leadership skills, and mentoring abilities.
- Support Future Leader Programme sites
- Lead training sessions, delivering curriculum and report writing
- Academic support for intern-teachers based in schools
- Conduct weekly professional development workshops
- Conduct lesson observations
- School visits, meeting with mentor teachers and school principals
- Form relationships with mentors and school heads for support
- Bachelor of Education or PGCE
- Minimum five years teaching experience
- Experience in teacher development, school management or adult learning
- Valid driver’s license with own car
- Frequent travel to schools within one’s region
- Infrequent travel to Johannesburg for training, workshops and development
- Ability to work independently and structure own time
- Ability to form meaningful relationships with a diverse of different people
- Strong administration and managerial skills
- Ability to communicate effectively through writing and speaking
- Planning and organisational skills
- Experience working within South African government schools
To apply, submit a your application to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Global Teachers Institute, refer to www.globalteachers.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies