Provincial Liaison Officer – Community Responses and Systems
|Vacancy||Provincial Liaison Officer|
(max 100 words)
|NACOSA is looking for a suitably qualified candidate within South Africa for the position of Community Liaison Officer for The Community Responses and Systems Programme|
|Deadline||24h00 on Sunday, 03 March 2019|
South Africa has the highest number of people living with HIV in the world – over 7 million people. To turn the tide on HIV and AIDS, we need to bring all sectors of society together and strengthen the community systems that support people.
NACOSA is a networking organisation that brings communities together to tackle HIV and its impact on vulnerable people. We have a 19 year track record of working with donors, government and communities to strengthen community systems and turn the tide on HIV, AIDS and TB.
We do this through mobilizing our network of over 1,700 organisations, promoting dialogue between government and affected people, building capacity with accredited training, mentoring and technical assistance and channeling resources to support service delivery on the ground, particularly for children and youth, key populations and women and girls.
The Provincial Liaison Officer
The Provincial Liaison Officer position supports and delivers on NACOSA’s Community Responses and Systems Programme implemented in Gauteng province, reporting to the Provincial Manager.
The key performance areas of the role are:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Community Responses and Systems Programme over a 3-year grant period.
- Coordinate the Social mobilisation and coordination at various levels in the province.
- Co-ordinate the mapping of all role-players in the province with specific emphasis on priority districts ensuring that a comprehensive role player database is created.
- Promote dialogue between civil society, government and other role-players through consultative forum meetings and community dialogues.
- Co-ordinate all the Capacity Building interventions, including liaison with mentors and technical assistants in the province.
- Support coordination of civil society structures wrt to their oversight role at provincial, district and local levels
- Network with, and build strategic alliances and relationships with key stakeholders in the Metros/Districts and at local level in support of strengthening the response to HIV, TB and STIs.
- Support the implementation of the Small Grants for CRS mentored organisations to deliver quality services for key and vulnerable populations.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Relevant Degree or equivalent in Social Science/Public Health or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years NGO related work in the health and social development sectors, particularly in the line of Community Development experience and expertise.
- Highly organised, deadline driven and efficient with planning skills and a proactive and positive approach
- Must be a human rights advocate with excellent advocacy skills and experience.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and coordinate multiple inputs to tight deadlines, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Administrative competency and attention to detail
- Facilitation and Presentation Skills
- Good time management skills
- Understanding of the NGO arena and knowledge of big donor processes/requirements will be a benefit.
- Excellent spoken and written communication as well as computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to work as part of a Team
- Methodical in approach to work, assertive and conscientious (thorough)
- Project Management Skills and Experience
- Driver’s license and willingness to travel extensively within the province.
Remuneration will be competitive, based on skills and experience.
- Forward your most recent CV to email@example.com
- Complete and submit the NACOSA Employment Application Form.
CLOSING DATE: 03 February 2019
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, consider your application as unsuccessful. NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- NACOSA respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.