Beyond Zero (BZ) has been successfully implementing comprehensive services across the HIV and TB care continuum in the Eastern Cape (EC), KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) and Limpopo Provinces in the past 16 years; targeting key and vulnerable populations including adolescents and youths, sex workers (SW), orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and men who have sex with men (MSM) and people living with HIV amongst others. As one of the 4 nominated Principal Recipient (PRs) in South Africa to lead and provide strategic management, oversight, monitoring and evaluation on the implementation of the Global Fund grant for the period April 2019 until March 2022, Beyond Zero is recruiting to fill the following Core Positions under the GF funding mechanism.
Location: BZ Head Offices in East London, Eastern Cape or BZ Gauteng Offices.
Contract duration: One year fixed term with possibility of extension for 3 years
depending on funding availability.
Anticipated start date: 1 April,2019
Remuneration: Market related.
1 X SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER:
Position Description Summary: The SFM is responsible for providing financial support to management team and colleagues to enable them to make sound business decisions. Assist the CFO to interpret financial information; monitor cash flow, formulate strategic and long-term business plans, monitor cash flow, formulate tactical and medium term business plans in line with the strategic plans, assist in research and report on factors influencing business performance; look for cost-reduction opportunities; oversee the organization’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems; liaise with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out. Incumbent is responsible for the integration of the financial management and reporting of program into one system for donor and Beyond Zero use. Responsible for developing and implementing local financial and administrative procedure such as payroll, book keeping, insurance, budget and cost control, accounting functions, procurement procedures, contracts, inventory management and control procedures, security of facilities, and financial reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overall financial and administration management and internal control of the accounting function
- Prepare fiscal year budgets and budget monitoring reports
- Develop financial and administration policies and procedures
- Review of management and financial reports and presentation thereof at management meetings and Board sub committee
- Ensure that all transactions recorded in the accounting system are accurate and supported by adequate documentation
- Review all payments for correctness, reasonableness and ensure timely payments to vendors and employees
- Provide assessment and feedback for staff annual performance reviews
- Ensure the financial sustainability of the Organization
- Support operations by supervising staff, planning, organizing and implementing Beyond Zero administrative systems
- Ensure effective information flow and that resources are employed efficiently throughout the organization.
- Maintain sound relations with the bank, partners and relevant stakeholders
- Payroll sign off and releasing payments on online banking system
- Partner capacity strengthening
- Lead audit process; prepare audit schedules, respond to external auditor’s requests
- monthly review of the trial balance, balance sheet, general ledger and reconciliation of various ledger
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Operations;(CPA. MBA) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years grant management managerial experience managing international awards.
- Proven experience in a management position dealing with accounts, financial systems management and operations in a large and complex donor funded program.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement procedures, and demonstrated ability to solve difficult procurement problems and issues.
- Strong financial management and good accounting skills.
- Proven ability to manage finance teams.
- Ability to develop accurate narratives and financial reports that meet donor and organisational requirements
- Experience in successful implementation of donor - funded programs in developing countries, preferably of similar size and scope.
- Fluency in English.
- High proficiency in relevant computer applications and accounting software.
- Ability to work innovatively to address programmatic challenges in a high pressure fast paced work environment.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals in English.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel extensively as and when required
1 X PROCUREMENT MANAGER
Position Description Summary: Role of PM is to support Beyond Zero (BZ) in achieving an efficient, effective and timely procurement system for the provision of goods and services.
Duties & Responsibilities
Strengthen and maintain an appropriate procurement framewor
- Update and maintain BZ’s procurement policy and procedures.
- Revise tools, forms and systems for an efficient and effective procurement system.
- Ensure BZ compliance with donor procurement requirements as set in grant agreements
- Support BZ staff to comply with procurement requirements and implement capacity building support interventions
Effective and efficient procurement system
- Participate in the Quantification Committee for health products procurement.
- Lead the development of an organization-wide demand plan.
- Implement a procurement plan that responds to the demand plan and any other emergency procurement requests.
- Manage the process of enlisting and screening preferred and sole suppliers in compliance with the principles guiding BZ procurement and the donor requirements.
- Perform due diligence on potential supplier’s / service providers.
- Maintain an accurate database of service providers/suppliers and the goods and services they offer.
- Perform ongoing supplier evaluations and take appropriate action, including termination of the relationship, where possible.
- Lead the process of developing tender bid documents.
- Manage the tender process including maintaining appropriate evidence of compliance with procurement requirements.
- Ensure functionality of a tender committee and ensure that its membership is diverse with appropriate skills base.
- Chair the meetings of the tender committee and ensure all proceedings are minuted.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and service providers ensuring fairness in the process.
- Draft contracts for suppliers and service providers.
- Review procurement contracts and any other related agreements to ensure that BZ’s interests are protected.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date database of current contracts including annual review of contracts
- Lead the weekly supply chain management meetings
- Maintain an accurate, updated filing system for procurement related materials
- Promote value for money in all procurement activities.
- Ensure fairness and transparency and promote equity and diversity in the appointment of suppliers and service providers.
- Manage and monitor compliance with procurement policies and procedures.
- Manage supplier development activities in line with the requirements of the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) framework.
- Prepare and manage the budget for the annual budget procurement Unit
- Prepare periodic departmental reports to meet management information requirements
- A university degree or equivalent qualification preferably in Finance, Procurement Management or Logistics;
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in procurement or logistics.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at managerial level including managing a team of subordinates.
- Knowledge of major international donors’ procurement requirements
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel extensively. Team player who is self-motivated. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of at least one other South African language is an added advantage.
1 X HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Position Description Summary: The HRM guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for Beyond Zero. Incumbent originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counselling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analysing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepare employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable statutory human resources requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5 years’ Managerial experience in NGO environment
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel extensively as and when required
1 X COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Position description summary:
Communications Manager will be responsible for creating, implementing and overseeing communications activities, both internal or external, that effectively describe and promote the organization, its activities and mandate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an integrated communications strategy between BZ and the SRs incorporating PR, Marketing and Online.
- Implement communications plans to increase Advocacy, social mobilization within communities on MSM, AGYW, TG and CRS modules
- Develop relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage for the Award both online and offline as and when required.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations and/or speeches for the relevant award teams for internal and external release.
- Develop an effective social network system towards retention, support of project beneficiaries
- Develop and lead the internal communication strategy amongst award teams and their SRs
- Promote brand awareness and appropriate use of door logo by PR and SR
- Oversee the annual communications budget and ensure its maximum utilisation
- Responsible for web site management and content development for the Award
- Develop appropriate prevention messaging and awareness campaigns for hard to reach populations
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or relevant field is required. Master’s Degree will be in an added advantage
- At least 5 years of experience in Marketing, Communications or similar field at managerial level in an NGO or Corporate set up.
- Highly articulate individual with excellent written communications, editing, proof reading, and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to lead communications strategies
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Ability to work in a highly pressurized environment with short deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel extensively as and when required.
By applying for any of the above mentioned positions, applicants consent to BZ to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks on them which form part of its recruitment process.
To Apply: cover letters clearly stating the Position being applied for, CVs, and copies of qualifications must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 28 February 2019 by close of business.
NB. Applicants who have not heard from Beyond Zero one month after the publication of these adverts should consider their applications unsuccessful and, any future correspondence from BZ thereof will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
Beyond Zero reserves the right to re-advertise any of the above listed Positions should the need arise and also reserves the right not to fill any of the listed Positions.
None South African Citizens and none South African Permanent Residence holders must be in possession of valid documentation authorizing them to work in South Africa.
Beyond Zero is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates from key vulnerable populations are encouraged to apply