Democracy Works Foundation
Democracy Works Foundation provides tools to build resilient democracies in Southern Africa. DWF promotes civic engagement to contribute to the realisation of the core governing principles enshrined in the preamble of the South African Constitution.
Democracy Works seeks to employ Communications Assistant, to be based in Johannesburg.
Salary: R10 000 monthly
Start date: March 2019, or as soon as possible
Duration: Ten month fixed term contract
- Assist the project team to build communications content and provide on-the-ground communications support
- Provide logistics support to Academy events and where relevant or with prior agreement, to other DWF events
- Contribute articles on a regular basis for the DWA project and other projects as and when required
- Contribute to website content by providing text, photographs, and audio-visual material
- Manage and grow DWF’s social media presence, regularly creating and publishing engaging content to ensure the project reaches a wider audience
- Undertake specific and general job-related tasks as may be delegated from time to time which may not appear in this job description
- Degree graduate in Communication Studies or related field
- Analytical mind (a critical sense when analysing reports, articles, etc)
- Computer savvy (social media and Microsoft Office)
- Ability to conduct basic research
- Basic animation skills (will be an added advantage)
- Previous experience in a related environment (will be an added advantage)
- Proven written and verbal skills in English (additional African language is advantageous)
- Accountable and responsible team player
- Ability to pay attention to detail and be diligent
- An innovative individual who easily adapts
- Experience in event coordination
- Creative and passionate
- Celebrates opportunities to interact with people from very diverse cultural and social economic backgrounds
- Writing skills
- Embraces a culture of leadership, international cooperation and excellence
- Open-minded and willing to share expertise and experiences, and to learn from others
- Loves to take on challenges and not afraid to work hard
- Self-motivated, team player who pays close attention to detail and who has the ability to prioritise in a fast-moving environment
- Communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of different people in a variety of situations
- Preferred candidate must be a South African citizen or permanent resident
- A driver’s license valid for South Africa is an added advantage
- The working language of the Southern Africa office is English
To apply, submit your motivation letter, an example of previous written work and your CV to email@example.com indicate the position title in the subject line of your email and include at least three contactable references with email addresses.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
DWF will consider all applications submitted prior the advertised close date.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
For more about Democracy Works Foundation, refer to www.democracyworks.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies