Development Action Group
The Development Action Group (DAG) is a leading nonprofit, non-governmental organisation. DAG’s mission is to create, implement and support community-centred developments in order to address economic, social and spatial imbalances.
DAG seeks to employ a Built Environment Professional to be based in Cape Town.
Start date: As soon as possible
The position will be a one-year contract with a three months’ probation period or by mutual agreement.
- Lead and manage project planning and implementation of affordable rental housing projects through micro-developers through the Contractor and Developer Academy (CDA)
- Lead and manage contractor support programme for emerging contractors and builders through the CDA
- Lobby and advocate for the CDA approach on national platforms
- Monitor and evaluate, with support from DAG team
- Assist in documentation and write up for case study relating to contractor support
- Attend any national or international forum as requested by DAG
- Relevant degree or Technikon diploma e.g. Urban Planning, Architecture, Social Sciences, Social Development, Development Studies, Geography, Law
- Appropriate experience may be considered in place of a degree or diploma
- Minimum of three years’ experience in project management and construction in the housing and urban development sector
- Proven knowledge and awareness of issues relating to housing, land access and poverty
- Knowledge of government
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, hand deliver at 101 Lower Main Road, Observatory, Cape Town, 7925
or Fax: 021 447 1987
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Development Action Group, refer to www.dag.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies