The National Institute for Crime Prevention and the Reintegration of Offenders (NICRO), is a national non-governmental organisation that provides comprehensive crime prevention services. NICRO is the main provider of diversion services for children in South Africa, providing diversion services since 1992.
NICRO seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Western Cape.
Duration: This position is a six months contract
- Provide social work services to individuals in conflict with the law, which promote the protection, wellbeing, rehabilitation and best management of these individuals in the criminal justice system
- Work toward this goal through the delivery of a range of services and interventions designed to meet desired rehabilitative (behavioural change) and criminal justice outcomes (diversion, NCS and offender reintegration)
- Provide a critical connection between the criminal justice system and social services
- BA or B. Soc. Sci. Degree in Social Work
- Current registration with the SACSSP
- Valid driver’s licence essential
- Must be Bi-lingual, English and Afrikaans speaking
- An interest and passion to work with adult and/ or young offenders within the Criminal Justice System
- Understanding of Restorative Justice processes
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have good admin and report-writing skills
- Must be computer literate
To apply, submit your application to Jacquline Hoorn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not been contacted by 23 February 2019 for an interview you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for the position.
For more about the National Institute for Crime Prevention and the Reintegration of Offenders, refer to www.nicro.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies