Humana People to People South Africa
Humana People to People South Africa:
Humana People to People South Africa (HPP-SA) is a registered South African non-profit company and non-profit organization founded in 1995 with the mission of empowering the poor to lift themselves out of poverty and contribute to the development of their own communities. It works within the thematic areas of health; community development; food security; youth development, education and early child hood development. Today, HPPSA employs over 917 people in 5 provinces (Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape) and reaches over 500,000 people each year.
Humana People to People in South Africa seeks to recruit a Project Manager, based in Nelspruit on a 5-year contract.
Project Name: Preventing HIV/AIDS in Vulnerable Populations in South Africa Activities.
Position: Project Manager
Location: Nelspruit, South Africa
Type: Regular/Full Time
Salary: R38 000 - R50 000PM (NO Benefits)
Reports to: Chief of Party
S/he will have responsibility for all aspects of technical and operational program management in order to optimize program performance and outcomes. This includes systematic monitoring of program results against targets and work plans, operationalization of program standards, and employing data for decision-making and course correction. S/he will ensure effective coordination with key stakeholders including government, CBOs, and private sector as well as robust sub-partner management. The Project Manager will ensure program effectiveness and cost efficiency through appropriate human and financial resource management.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop project annual work plan; including managing compiling of routine District and site level planners, in coordination with the Chief of Party
- Manage project start-up and ongoing implementation in line with project objectives, milestones and targets
- Monitor and track project milestones and targets in line with Project M&E framework to ensure achievement of results in coordination with the Strategic Information Manager
- Compile reports for the donor and internal audiences, including monitoring reports
- Lead provision of project monitoring and technical support to project sites
- Adapt and integrate best practices/innovations for ongoing project enhancement
- Compile annual project budget in line with HPPSA and donor requirements in coordination with the Finance & Operations Manager and Chief of Party
- Maintain sound working partnership with project implementing partners; ensuring collaboration in joint activities towards the overall Consortium project goal
- Management of relevant project staff
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in management of a PEPFAR-funded activity, including program planning, implementation, data use, monitoring and reporting
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in technical and operational program management of large-scale complex development activities in developing countries
- Demonstrated ability to manage large teams and effectively coordinate with a range of stakeholders including government, community and other civil society organizations, and the private sector
- Solid understanding of M&E tools and systems, as well as human resource and financial management
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government program management regulations and public health landscape in South Africa
- Excellent problem solving, analysis, and leadership abilities
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
For more about Humana People to People in South Africa, refer to www.hpp-sa.org
Applicants must email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org