iThemba Rape and Trauma Support Centre
The iThemba Rape and Trauma Support centre is a nonprofit organisation, dedicated to offering comprehensive care for the survivors of traumatic events, as well as their family and friends. This care includes counselling, treatment for physical trauma, prevention of pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases and the careful gathering of forensic evidence.
The iThemba rape and trauma support centre seeks to employ a Social Auxiliary Worker, to be based in Johannesburg.
- Be responsible for new intakes at the iThemba RTS of all categories of traumatised people.
- Conduct administrative tasks related to completing the intake
- Provide practical support and administrative support to the Social Worker
- Conduct awareness campaigns
- To form part of the networking forums relating to the programme specifications
- Assisting in the establishment of the resources within the communities’ services
- Conduct research
- Social Auxiliary Worker qualification
- One to two years' certified as SAW
- Registered with the SACSSP
- Customer care skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to conduct awareness campaigns
- Ability to form networking forums with other stakeholders
- Ability to conduct research
To apply, submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include the following:
- Certified ID Copy
- Contactable references
- Certified Proof of qualifications
- Certified SACSSP registration certificate
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Regret only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Should you not be contacted within two weeks from the closing date, consider the position filled.
For more about The iThemba rape and trauma support centre, refer to ithembasupport.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies