iThemba Rape and Trauma Support Centre
The iThemba Rape and Trauma Support centre is a nonprofit organisation, dedicated to offering comprehensive care for the survivors of traumatic events, as well as their family and friends. This care includes counselling, treatment for physical trauma, prevention of pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases and the careful gathering of forensic evidence.
The iThemba Rape and Trauma Support Centre seeks to employ a Chief Social Worker, to be based in Johannesburg.
- Manage the iThemba Johannesburg office in Braamfontein in order to provide prompt sensitive pro-active socially inclusive and professional service to survivors or rape and trauma
- Network and build strategic alliances with partners within the area
- Control expenditure within agreed budgets
- As part of a management team contribute to the development and implementation of the organisation strategy
- Strong administrative skill necessary to compile reports, business plans and reports for the Department of Social Development, Johannesburg
- Supervise Social Workers within the Johannesburg office of iThemba
- Attend training aimed at acquiring CPD points as per SACSSP’s expectation
- Liaise with other professionals such as psychologists psychiatrists, SAPS Government Welfare Agencies and NGO’s involved in the criminal justice system
- Attend relevant stakeholder meetings representing iThemba Johannesburg
- Bachelor degree qualification in Social Work
- Minimum five years’ experience as a Chief Social Worker
- Certified as Chief Social Worker
- Registered with the SACSSP
- Driver’s license
- Strong communication skills
- Computer literate
To apply, submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org Your application should include the following:
- Certified ID Copy
- Contactable references
- Certified Proof of qualifications
- Certified SACSSP registration certificate
- Certified copy of Valid driver’s licence
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Regret only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Should you not be contacted within two weeks from the closing date, consider the position filled.
For more about The iThemba rape and trauma support centre, refer to ithembasupport.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies