Leading Innovative Partnerships in Extended Education course
This UCT GSB Executive Education five-day course is co-designed and presented by the Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship and Dr Allistair Witten, founding director of the Centre for the Community School at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University and UCT GSB Adjunct Faculty, in partnership with the Western Cape Government’s After School Game Changer Initiative.
Enroll today if you care and are concerned about: ‘Building strong networks of support around the education of children and young people.’
If you value the power of collaboration and partnerships based on mutual accountability then this is the course for you. If are already involved in partnerships, you’ll be equipped with the tools to manage those partnerships in mutually beneficial and sustainable ways.
The course design is participant-centred and offers beneficiaries the opportunity to learn and engage with other stakeholders in the educational sector in an innovative and open environment. The opportunity for the creation of strong networks of support, through innovation and collaboration, which focuses on the holistic education of the learner across the extended school day is the central theme on this course which you will be able to explore, and learn more about.
Once you have completed this course you will be equipped to create meaningful and sustainable change in the lives of learners.
The course will cover:
Week 1: Saturday 2 March:
- Role of the partnerships
- Identifying the different potential partners
- Building and managing partnerships
- Sustainability and Accountability in Partnerships
THIS COURSE IS FOR
- NGOs and social enterprises working with schools across the extended school day (during and after existing school hours);
- Government officials (district and circuit level) and
- No and low-fee school principals/management team members accompanied by one entry-level teacher from the same school.
R2750 per person and the fee includes the five-day course, all resources, your certificate and all catering (i.e. teas and lunches.)
PARTIAL & FULL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE
This is what past course delegates had to say when we asked them: ‘Would you recommend this course to your peers?
• Yes I definitely would. It is relevant and very informative. It is also presented in a way where the lessons are easy to grasp and implement. (Government Official)
• Yes, it energized me to broaden my thinking. What more can I do to develop my learners holistically. Thank you to all the facilitators and presenters. (School Principal)
• Yes, this course should be presented to all newly appointed principals. (NGO Practitioner)