The Homestead Projects for Street Children
The Homestead Projects for Street Children, based in Cape Town, successfully transitions neglected and traumatised children & youth away from the street, back home or on to successful independent living through a holistic set of prevention, outreach, stabilisation, residential care, and family reunification and youth transition programmes.
The Homestead seeks to appoint a Transitional Youth Social Worker, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to assist the Launchpad Unit Manager with the smooth day-to-day running of the Launchpad and will be responsible for all social work admin, petty cash, family preservation and reunification services, as well as keeping statistics and records for Monitoring and Evaluation purposes. They will coordinate the therapeutic, developmental, educational as well as sport and recreational programmes of the centre to ensure the Homestead continues to provide the highest standards of care and development to youth and street children.
- Officially recognised Social Worker qualification
- Current registration with the SA Council for Social Service Professions
- Valid driver’s licence (learners licences do not qualify)
- Proof of local, greater Cape Town, community knowledge and youth work experience
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English, as well as either isiXhosa or Afrikaans
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, email, social media and the web
- Two recent and contactable references, one of whom must be a previous employer
- Relevant youth work experience
To apply, submit CV detailing your chronological work experience along with a motivational letter and proof of SACSSP registration and drivers licence to Julia@thehomestead.org.za