Democracy Works Foundation
Democracy Works Foundation provides tools to build resilient democracies in Southern Africa. DWF promotes civic engagement to contribute to the realisation of the core governing principles enshrined in the preamble of the South African Constitution.
Democracy Works seeks to employ Research Intern for its South Africa Civil Society Participation in Provincial Legislatures (CSPPL) project, to be based in Johannesburg.
The Civil Society Participation in Provincial Legislatures (CSPPL), a co-funded project by the European Union and the Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD), is currently undertaken by DWF as the lead coordinator.
Salary: DWF will be able to provide monthly travel stipend of R 4 000
Start date: 01 March 2019
Duration: Three to six months’ period, or longer
- Develop an advocacy training manual for Civil Society Organisations
- Desk top research
- Develop questions for key informant interviews
- Develop case study materials
- Media tracking
- Assist with Project administrative tasks
- An honours graduate (or Masters, preferred) in the Social Sciences preferably in Political Sciences, Sociology or Governance
- Written and oral communication skills
- Strong and thorough research skills
- Ability to multi task
- Pays attention to detail
- Fast learner
- Detailed knowledge and experience of social media
- Competence in Microsoft Office products, especially (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
To apply, submit a one-page motivation letter and an updated CV with contact details (phone number and email address) of at least three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The intern is expected to work hours a day and may be expected to work over some weekends.
Canidates will be working with a growing and dynamic team and will be able to accompany team members to the provinces where the project is implemented. You will engage directly with civil society organisations (beneficiaries of the project) in these provinces and will be in apposition to engage directly with members of Provincial Legislatures. You will be able to make a mark on an important project and on our young organisation.
For more about Democracy Works Foundation, refer to www.democracyworks.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies