JET Education Services
JET Education Services is seeking to appoint a Communications Officer to be based in our Johannesburg office with the purpose of facilitating and implementing JET’s internal and external communications strategy.
The Communications Officer’s role entails includes the refinement, application and maintenance of the JET brand across all communications channels, including electronic and print media and the production and dissemination of appropriate communication materials and content. The Communications Officer will report to and work closely with the JET Knowledge Manager.
- Champion the JET brand and support the development and usage of branding and collateral materials;
- Content generation, production and dissemination of materials for JET’s electronic and print communications platforms, including the JET website;
- Assist in managing JET’s reputation by maintaining and monitoring awareness of JET in the media, answering queries and being a spokesperson for the organisation when required;
- Support event planning for JET and JET's participation in conferences, seminars, etc.;
- Work closely with JET’s Client Relationships Manager and manage and maintain JET’s electronic CRM database;
- Assist with with Knowledge Management tasks such as the production of publications as well as archiving JET materials.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A degree in Journalism or Media and Communications;
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, particularly the education sector at all levels, in South Africa and globally would be an advantage;
- Three to five years experience in print and electronic communications;
- Excellent English writing skills and proven ability to generate content;
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in Google and Microsoft Office and ability to work with databases and web sites;
- Good knowledge of various social media platforms, including background analytics;
- Understanding of SEO and website analytics;
- Aptitude for graphic design as it relates to communications;
- Ability to work independently and as part of team when required;
- Strong ethical approach to the use of social media;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Proven skills in organisation, including time management.
Salary range: R360 000.00 Per annum
Applications must be submitted online on at Communications Officer application no later than 15 February 2019, 17h00. Late applications will not be considered.