The Ahmed Kathrada Foundation (AKF)
Title: Youth Activism Programme Manager
- To develop and implement a programme of youth activism development through the establishment of community youth clubs. The Ahmed Kathrada Foundation (AKF) aims to establish a minimum of 10 such clubs per year over a 10-year period.
Duties and responsibilities
- Development and implementation of a youth activism development strategy for the AKF;
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the programme of establishment of youth clubs;
- Coordinate the implementation of activism and the youth mobilisation dimension of campaigns and programmes initiated and/or supported by the AKF;
- To ensure that the youth clubs and their members undergo a programme of political education and training;
- To establish the necessary support programmes for the overall well-being of the members of the clubs;
- To mobilise resources for the programme;
- To build the required networks and support systems to ensure the sustainability of the programme.
Skills and knowledge required
- Knowledge of social justice issues and youth activism;
- Good administrative, analytical, writing, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Programme and project planning and management;
- Financial management skills;
- Ability to lead projects and programmes;
- Ability to write proposals, presentations and reports;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- A valid driver’s licence.
- The applicant must have, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree. This must preferably be in the social sciences area.
The applicant must be committed to advancing and deepening non-racialism.
Salary Range: R360 000 per annum (all-inclusive salary)
Place of work: Please note our offices are located in Lenasia, South of Johannesburg.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 22 February 2019
For any queries, please call: 011 854 0082
Applications and CVs must be sent to: email@example.com
(NB: Please use the word ‘Youth Manager’ in the email subject of your application)