The Ahmed Kathrada Foundation’s (AKF)
Title: Education and Training Officer – Youth Activism Programme
- To develop and implement an activist education and training programme for the Ahmed Kathrada Foundation’s (AKF) youth clubs and their members. The AKF aims to establish a minimum of 10 youth clubs per year over a 10-year period.
Duties and responsibilities
- To develop an appropriate youth activist education and training programme for the AKF youth clubs;
- To develop an induction programme for the youth clubs and their members;
- To organise a youth activism library (books, movies, training manuals etc.);
- To organise regular youth camps with the members and leaders of the youth clubs;
- Assist with the development of training materials;
- Establish and manage relationships with people and organisations doing youth activism development work;
- Work closely within all other programmatic activities at the AKF, to mutually reinforce the training officer’s work and youth activism programme;
- Work closely with the Youth Activism Programme Manager.
Skills and knowledge required
- Knowledge of social justice issues and youth activism;
- Good administrative, analytical, writing, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Experience in education and training;
- Ability to lead projects and programmes;
- Ability to write proposals;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- A valid driver’s licence.
- The applicant must have, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree. This must preferably be in the social sciences area.
Salary Range: R240 000 per annum (all-inclusive salary)
Place of work: Please note our offices are located in Lenasia, South of Johannesburg.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22 February 2019
For any queries, please call: 011 854 0082
Applications and CV’s must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(NB: Please use the word ‘Training Officer’ in the email subject of your application)