Abraham Kriel Bambanani
Abraham Kriel Childcare (AKC) is a registered NPO that provides both residential care and community services within Gauteng. AKC focuses on providing shelter, care, rehabilitation and skills development for children and youth, who have been subjected to trauma, abuse, molestation, poverty, HIV/AIDS and neglect.
AKC seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be in based at Head Office in Langlaagte, Johannesburg.
The purpose of the position is to provide social services and assistance to improve the social and psychological functioning of children and their families. Provide counselling and therapy to children in order to improve their social circumstances, develop their psychological well-being and emotional stability. Assist in maximizing their academic development.
- Manage the treatment plans of each child in a case-load of between 30 and 40 children
- Implement therapeutic and development programmes
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary service delivery
- Manage permanency plans for the children
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing including presentation and report writing
- Strong decision making skills and the ability to make effective judgements on case files
- Resilience- Ability to cope under pressure and to persevere
- Leadership capabilities and excellent managerial skills
- Competency in therapy with traumatised children
- Ability to continuously develop and learn in the aspects of childcare and therapy
- Knowledge of the Children’s Act
- Ability to work in and motivate a team
- Bachelor’s degree in social work
- Registration with South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Be able to read, write, speak, English and Afrikaans
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Should you not be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application, consider your
For more about Abraham Kriel Childcare, refer to www.abrahamkriel.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies