Western Province Athletics
Western Province Athletics (WPA) is a nonprofit making organisation responsible for the overall development of athletics within the Western Province.
WPA seeks to appoint a High Performance Manager to be based in Cape Town.
Salary: Market related and will commensurate with experience
The purpose of the position is to develop and manage the organisation’s strategic direction with regards high performance and ultimately establish and manage the WPA high performance centre.
- Take control of all aspects of the management of the high-performance channel within WPA
- Define, direct and coordinate employees within the channel, to grow the organisation, and make systematic changes, as needed, to maintain employee performance at an optimum
- Develop strong and healthy relationships with all stakeholders in the high-performance channel as well as with all other aspects of athletics
- Develop a clear understanding and implement accordingly the best systems used within SA as well as internationally in ensuring that WPA becomes one of the best performing provinces nationally
- Interact and correspond with athlete coaches regarding individualised training programmes designed for their athletes and report performance progress to athletes and coaches
- Ensure that the financial aspect of the high performance channel is managed successfully
- In collaboration with the company’s executive committee (Financial, Technical, Operations, IT, HR and Marketing Executives), define annual corporate objectives and departmental goals in support of achieving these objectives and review every quarter
- Assume the role of one of the organisation's advocates, communicating the organisation’s value proposition to both the outside world as well as employees, strategic partners and stakeholders
- Business related tertiary qualification is a definite requirement
- Background affiliated to the sport of athletics
- Understanding of the value of sport and have a passion for grassroots development to world class performances within the sport
- Written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to excel
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to multitask while still maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to delegate and lead others effectively
- Manage conflict when necessary
Contact 021 418 3232 Jesse Fillies for more information
For more about the Western Province Athletics, refer to www.wpa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies