Foundation For Human Rights
Position: Project Assessor
Upward reporting relationship: Knowledge Management Unit manager
Contract type: 12 months
The job purpose includes but is not limited to reviewing and preparing reports based on the Project files and to provide administrative support to the Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing summary reviews of the projects including objectives, outcomes and potential impact
- Identifying and classifying project beneficiaries
- Classifying resource material from the projects for archiving
- Capture and maintain all the information required on the Grants Project Register for closure
- Participation in FHR projects as required or assigned.
Key performance areas for each objective
Preparing summary reviews of the projects including objectives, outcomes and potential impact
- Responsible for reviewing project files for completeness
- Summarise the project with respect to its intent and thematic area targets
- Complete the template with the summary of the project in respect of – Intention, Implementation and Outcome
- Produce a cover summary for each project file as outline above
Identifying and classifying project beneficiaries
- Account of the project beneficiaries
- Analysis and report on the demographics of the beneficiaries and their classifications
- Ensure that the template on the beneficiaries is completed accurately and captured correctly
Classifying resource material from the projects for archiving
- Identifying and listing all the materials produced by the projects this includes pamphlets, t-shirts and or materials submitted by the Grantees
- Library management of resource material – ensure that the nature/description of all project resources are documented
- Record and catalogue all project resources produced
Capture and maintain all the information required on the Grants Project Register for Closure period
- Capturing and maintaining all the information required for Closure on the GPR
- Ensure information integrity on the GPR system
- Updating information on GPR
- Reporting – periodic reporting on the project progress
Participation in FHR projects as required or assigned
- Volunteering or being allocated to work on a special project,
- Participate in planning of the project
- Participate in implementation of the special project
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, Political Science, History, Public Policy, International Relations, Law, Sociology.
- Post graduate degree would be an added advantage in a relevant discipline as described above.
- Candidates are expected to provide a copy of any publications produced.
- Experience of the NGO/CBO and Human rights sector
- Working knowledge of and commitment to human rights, especially in South African context
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
Desired Knowledge and skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be familiar with the NGO/CBO sector
- High level of professionalism
- Analytical skills and report writing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and adhere to deadlines and set priorities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including developing workplans and schedules
- Excellent computer literacy skills, including knowledge of Word and Excel
- Possession of a valid driver’s license for South Africa
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other local languages is always an advantage.
- This is a fixed term position without any expectation of renewal or permanent employment.\
- FHR reserves the right to cancel the position should the needs of the FHR change or should the FHR regard the applications to be inadequate for its needs.
- This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- To apply, submit a CV along with all relevant educational and or training certificates, publications where applicable and motivational letter as to why you should be considered for the position to email address email@example.com
- Deadline for all application submissions is 11 February 2019.
- Late and incomplete applications will not be considered for the position.
- Only suitable qualified candidates will be considered.
- Provide three traceable references