Casual Workers Advice Office
The Casual Workers Advice Office (CWAO) was founded in 2011 as a nonprofit, independent organisation. It provides free advice and support to workers, privileging casual, contract, labour broker and other precarious workers.
CWAO seeks to appoint a Women’s Organiser to be based in Johannesburg.
Salary commensurate with experience
- Provide organising and mobilising support for women workers
- Assist in developing and leading campaigns in which the demands of women workers are central
- Coordinate meetings and workshops for women workers
- Identify educational needs specific to the needs of women workers
- Previous experience with social and / or labour movements, particularly with women workers and community members
- Knowledge of labour struggles and the specific situation of women within labour struggles
- Written and verbal communication skills in several South African languages
- Ability to work independently in a demanding environment
- Ability to work within a democratic collective culture
- Computer literacy
- A valid driving licence
To apply, submit a motivational letter, an up-to-date CV and details of two contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Preference will be given to black women candidates.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Casual Workers Advice Office, refer to www.cwao.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies