The Economic Policy Research Institute (EPRI) is a nonprofit, independent social policy research institute registered as a Section 21 corporation in Cape Town, South Africa. EPRI conducts research on issues related to social protection in Africa and Asia, organises and teaches at social protection capacity building courses around the globe, and provides economic and social policy training to members of the South African parliament. EPRI is committed to pro-poor, equitable and inclusive economic growth and to social protection for vulnerable people as developmental responses to poverty.
EPRI seeks to appoint a Travel Coordinator, to be based in Western Cape.
- Coordinate, book, and manage travel itineraries (air tickets, hotel accommodation, and transportation) from beginning to end as required depending on the disposition given or report back to receive the authorisation for the change
- Coordinate and conduct communication between travellers, Travel Specialist, Operations Manager, and Directors regarding pertinent information to travel tasks
- Maintain Travel Databases per EPRI’s procedures
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for travel changes and refunds
- Meet daily via Skype with the Operations Manager and other Travel Department staff to communicate new tasks, task status, and task completion as directed. (Necessary equipment will be provided by EPRI)
- Log all tasks and accomplishments into a reporting spreadsheet
- Must have passion for customer service with a strong analytical mind and great attention to detail
- Be proactive, communicative, and resourceful with a positive can-do attitude
- Have a true desire to help and work hard to build long-term relationships with external companies and other employees alike
- Computer literacy (Excel skills)
- Ability to function effectively in a high pressure environment
To apply, submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
EPRI will provide all the necessary equipment and internet connectivity to work from home. Some work time will be scheduled in EPRI’s offices in Claremont and/or Sea Point for on-boarding, training, quality assurance and management purposes.
SHIFT #1: Work from home 06:00 to 15:00 SAST from Sunday to Thursday (40 hours/week, off Friday and Saturday)
SHIFT #2: Work from home: 06:00 to 15:00 SAST from Tuesday to Saturday (40 hours/week, off Sunday and Monday)
SHIFT #3: Work from home 14:00 to 23:00 SAST from Sunday to Thursday (40 hours/week, off Friday and Saturday)
SHIFT #4: Work from home 14:00 to 23:00 SAST from Tuesday to Saturday (40 hours/week, off Friday and Saturday)
Shifts will be assigned by EPRI management based on scheduling requirements.
Note that until the shift schedule is implemented, the work hours for training purposes will be 8:30am to 5:30pm at the EPRI offices.
For more about Economic Policy Research Institute, refer to www.epri.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies