Casual Workers Advice Office
The Casual Workers Advice Office (CWAO) was founded in 2011 as a nonprofit, independent organisation. It provides free advice and support to workers, privileging casual, contract, labour broker and other precarious workers.
CWAO seeks to appoint an Education and Media Officer to be based in Johannesburg.
Salary commensurate with experience
- Design, plan, facilitate and evaluate education activities
- Develop appropriate learning materials for worker rights education
- Develop, implement and monitor a media strategy
- Coordinate media relations and press releases
- Write and edit publications and opinion pieces
- Previous experience with social and/or labour movements
- Experience in adult and popular education methodologies, facilitation and development skills
- Written and verbal communication skills in several South African languages
- Knowledge of labour struggles
- Some experience with the media
- Ability to work independently in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well within a democratic collective culture
- Computer literacy
- A valid driving licence
To apply, submit a motivational letter, an up-to-date CV and details of two contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Preference will be given to black women candidates.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Casual Workers Advice Office, refer to www.cwao.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies