The South African Guide-Dogs Association (SAGA)
The South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind (SAGA) is a fully constituted welfare organisation registered with the Director of Fundraising at the Department of Social Development and approved Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) that works to enhance the mobility, independence and dignity of blind and partially sighted people. SAGA advocates the recognition and protection of the rights of all persons with disabilities.
SAGA seeks to appoint a Facilitator and Materials Developer, to be based 126 Wroxham Road, Rietfontein, Sandton, Gauteng.
Start Date: March 2019
The purpose of the position is to design and develop Diploma Course modules in relation to subject matter expertise. Facilitate diploma modules in relation to personal subject matter expertise. Gain subject matter expertise through ongoing education and training. Keep up to date with developments in the field of visual impairment in order to develop and update current course materials. Facilitate on the various courses and training events offered by COM. Undertake research in visual impairment sector when required.
- Design and develop modules for the Diploma and short courses in accordance with policy guidelines in relation to personal subject matter expertise
- Facilitate courses/modules in relation to personal subject matter expertise to a variety of audiences
- Act as an assessor for COM, covering agreed modules and following COM QMS
- Act in the capacity of an O&M subject material expert once training is complete
- Contribute to the re-scoping of the diploma qualification and the curriculum development of the training in line with the strategic plan for COM
- Create and maintain integrated assessment processes
- Contribute to coordination of the timetable
- Assist with marketing strategies for COM, including social media
- Provide accurate and professionally written records relating to learners
- Undertake regular duties at COM according to set timetables in order to prepare training courses for learners on site or at other venues
- Communicate effectively the mission statement of GDA and specifically in relation to COM to the general public, outside organisations and all other staff
- Bachelor’s degree in a medical related field such as, but not limited to, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, biokinetics, BSc, education
- Four to five years’ work experience
- Ability to write training materials in English
- Qualified assessor
- Knowledge of disability sector
- Facilitation, lecturing or teaching experience
- Effective communicator in English-written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve
- Driver’s licence
- Interest in visual impairment
- Willingness to complete post graduate studies in Orientation and Mobility involving international travel
- Physically fit
- Looking for a long term career path
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of SETA or FET landscape would be an advantage
To apply, submit a CV, covering letter of motivation, copy of ID document, certified copy of statement of results for tertiary qualifications and certified copies of other relevant certificates to ElizabethL@guidedog.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind reserves the right not to fill this vacancy.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant for an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the post will result in the applicant automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Applicants who do not receive a reply within two weeks of the closing date of application, should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.
For more about the South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind, refer to www.guidedog.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies