enke Make Your Mark
enke: Make Your Mark (enke) is a leadership development organisation that generates and incubates youth-led social impact projects. enke focus on developing the skills of youth to increase their effectiveness as leaders and their ability to contribute to a positive future.
enke Make Your Mark seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator / Officer to be based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
Report to: The Head of Programmes
Start date: 1 March 2019 (12 month contract with potential to renew based on performance)
Remuneration: R11 500 per month gross salary
This is a developmental role that will give extensive experience in event and project management, troubleshooting and support as well as exposure to enke’s networks.
- Logistical and administrative coordination of training events for enke programmes
- Active engagement of youth in enke’s programmes using in-person and via email and social media
- Generate and execute new ideas for the engagement and support of youth in enke’s programmes
- Ensure policies and processes are implemented for successful programme delivery
- Recruit, coordinate and support programme participants
- Liaise with diverse stakeholders (youth participants, schools, community groups, donors, local government and other organisations
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation of programmes and compilation of reports
- Manage trailblaser support team, and volunteers, as necessary
- Budgeting, financial management and reporting
- Provisional training will be provided to assist programme officers in executing their responsibilities, however, successful applicants will be expected to have existing experience to enable them to engage with the outlined responsibilities
- Minimum of a three-year degree and relevant work experience (ideally in youth development, project planning, implementation and management)
- Valid driver’s license for minimum 12 months
- Ability to work full-time, as well as some evenings and weekends
- Fluency in written and spoken English and ability to speak at least two other South African languages
- Evidence of active engagement within a university or community context (e.g. volunteering, membership in societies or positions of office or active engagement within your community or involvement in community projects)
- Verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Passion for working with young people, a pro-active energy
- Ability to accomplish projects with minimal supervision and take direction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Personal standards and willingness to go beyond expectations
Complete the online application form here – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3YJYR3B
To apply, submit CV (maximum two pages) and motivational letter (maximum one page) in PDF format to email@example.com the subject line of your email must include the position you are applying for and your full name, for example – “enke Programme Officer Application - JOHN SMITH”
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note that part of the online application will ask about your motivation, encourage you to explain why you want to work with enke: Make Your Mark and what skills, experience and personal attributes make you the best person for the advertised role. The organisations highly recommend having a comprehensive response prepared. Note that once started you will not be able to save and return to the application at a later time.
Only complete applications complying with all instructions (both online application and emailed CV with correct subject line) will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
Candidates who have not received a response within three months of the closing date should kindly assume that their application has not been successful.
For enquires email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about enke: Make Your Mark, refer to www.enke.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies