Africa Groups Of Sweden
Afrikagrupperna Mid-term review
Afrikagrupperna is seeking a consultant to undertake a mid-term review of its programme.
Afrikagrupperna is a Swedish solidarity organisation whose overall vision is a just world. The organisation focuses on unfair distribution of resources and power with a feministic approach. Afrikagrupperna is a member-based organization with around 2,400 members in Sweden with a head office in Stockholm and one regional office in Johannesburg. To implement its strategy, Afrikagrupperna gets approximately 90 per cent of its funds from Sida and is one of Sida's current 15 'frame organizations' (FOs). The other 10 per cent comes from the organisation own fundraising activities. Over the past several years, Afrikagrupperna has been active in five countries across the Southern Africa region; Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, and Zimbabwe supporting around 30 Non-Governmental Organisations and movements/networks in different areas such as sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), food sovereignty and land, natural resources, working conditions and human rights.
Purpose of the mid-term evaluation
The purpose of this mid-term evaluation is to help Afrikagrupperna and partners in assessing progress (what worked well and less well) to inform discussions as well as input into the next operational cycle/phase.
Specifically, this evaluation should assist Afrikagrupperna in highlighting partner’s contribution and their strategic fit to the organisation’s strategy and operational plan (relevance, efficiency effectiveness and sustainability) and to formulate recommendations for the next cycle/phase. Afrikagrupperna also wants the evaluation to give special attention to conflict sensitivity to get guidance on how to proceed and how to support partners in the best possible ways in relation to conflict and risks. This evaluation should focus on learning to improve progress/changes achieved rather than assessing the results/impact of the operations implemented so far.
Duration of the assessment
30 days including an introductory meeting, a one-day workshop, a preparation meeting before the workshop and the writing of a report after the workshop
Documented experience related to the political economy of Southern Africa as well as the regional civic space dynamics including movement building and feminism.
To be developed in dialogue between the consultant and the coordinating team, which is headed by Afrikagrupperna’s International Programme Manager (Stockholm) and the Regional Coordinator (Johannesburg). A concept note with plan, draft methodology and budget should be sent to Afrikagruppena’s Regional Coordinator (email@example.com) together with a CV no later than 28 February 2019.
For this mid-term evaluation the budget is 200,000 SEK.