Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Medical Officer, to be based in Gugulethu, Cape Town.
Duration: One year fixed-term contract (Part Time – 20 Hours)
The position is well suited for a Medical Officer who has experience in HIV research.
- Manage a team of study coordinators and data staff, working across a number of clinical trials at the GRO
- Operational oversight of all clinical trials: from feasibility to archiving; including recruitment and enrolment
- Ensure that ethical and regulatory requirements are fulfilled
- Ensure complete and accurate data collection
- Reduce and resolving data queries
- Complete clinical trial procedures according to study protocol
- Analysis of trial data, with abstract and manuscript writing
- Grant writing and submission in support of the GRO
- Interact with local health facilities, study auditors, laboratory, etc.
- Maintain relationships with site stakeholders
- MBChB and HPCSA registered
- Minimum of Three to Five years’ working experience
- Interest in clinical research (e.g. MPH candidate, prior research experience)
- Experience in staff management with ability to build interpersonal relationships and use these to manage study and site structure
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Internet)
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented with excellent work standards
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
- Knowledge of ICH / GCP guidelines and valid GCP certificate
- Competent in clinical management of people living with HIV
- Experience of working in a community-based environment
- Experience of working with DAIDS studies
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za, Job reference: #DTHF/C007
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications submitted via our job portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za