TOUWSRIVIER SOLAR COMMUNITY TRUST (TSCT)
Request for proposals from suitably qualified service providers:
You are hereby invited to submit proposals for the execution of trust administration services for the Touwsrivier solar community trust (tsct)
The Touwsrivier solar community trust (tsct) was established as part of the implementation of a community empowerment transaction by cpv1. The purpose of this role is to execute the mandate from the board of trustees in meeting the objectives of the trust.
An exceptional opportunity exists for an experienced, suitably qualified service provider/entity to manage the Touwsrivier solar community trust.
This role ensures that the responsibilities of the Touwsrivier Community Trust Board related to stakeholder engagement, community projects, and administrative management addressing strategic, tactical and operational matters are executed,
The following criteria will be used in the adjudication process:
- Ability to perform, which may take into account previous experience in the relevant industry, references, and suitability of the service provider;
- Broad-based black economic empowerment;
- Financial viability of the tenderer.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong analytical abilities (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with trustees, corporate leaders, community leaders, and government representatives
- Humility to undertake administrative tasks, including the willingness to engage them in granular detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to present to large groups and executive-level audiences.
- Outstanding writing abilities, including the willingness and ability to write for executive-level audiences.
- Working knowledge of legal and regulatory frameworks governing South African trusts strongly preferred.
The administration of the Trust shall include:
- General Administration
- assisting the Trustees in fulfilling their obligations under the Trust Deed;
- assisting the Trustees in undertaking, facilitating and/or managing the activities of the Trust including the preparation of quarterly and annual Trust meetings, meeting documentation, and the minutes of meetings;
- liaising with the Beneficiaries throughout the implementation of a Community Development Project;
- assisting the Trustees in the implementation and continued management of Community Development Programmes;
- monitoring the continued success and viability of Community Development Programmes;
- providing day-to-day management of any outsourced delivery arrangements that the Board enters into, including oversight on Community Projects and the projects initiation, approval, initiation, building and executing service providers in the context of the overall strategy and policies; and
- providing such other administrative assistance to the Trustees as deemed necessary by them from time to time;
- overseeing the preparation and management of accounting records of the financial affairs and administration of the Trust (and its income, expenditure, assets and liabilities in terms of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP));
- preparing the minutes of any meetings relating to the financial affairs of the Trust;
- preparing and keep reliable records of the Trust’s monthly management accounts;
- consolidating and prepare the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements of the Trust;
- ensuring the timely appointment of accredited Auditors to audit the financial statements of the Trust from the preceding financial year; and
- preparing an Annual Budget of anticipated income, proposed expenditure on Community Development Programmes and anticipated costs is prepared by and agreed to between the Trustees and a copy thereof is delivered to all relevant parties.
Touwsrivier Community Liaison and Communication
- Overseeing the Trust’s external communications;
- Executing the Trust’s social media outreach;
- Managing website and develop web content; and
- Executing other activities that strengthen the lines of communication between the Trustees and members of the Touwsrivier community.
Scope of Services and Deliverables:
- Manage interactions with and between, trustees, corporate stakeholders, communities, and service providers,
- Manage the Touwsrivier Solar Community Trust’s reporting function including:
- Reviewing Projects and CSI Projects; and
- Reviewing Budgets from an operational perspective.
- Implementation of support services to the Touwsrivier Solar Community Trust.
- Ensure the development, implementation and ongoing review of Touwsrivier Community Solar Trust’s strategies and investments; and
- Develop and maintain grant-making operational processes and governance standards.
- Promotion of the common interests of the Touwsrivier Solar Community Trust.
- Consolidate monitoring and evaluation management.
- Manage Touwsrivier Community Solar Trust porting function including:
- Data collection and monitoring tools and reports.
- Work to ensure that identified projects are successfully managed and implemented.
Interested candidates are requested to send the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Organizational Profile including other Trust Administration responsibilities (3 pages max)
- Three (3) references
- Proposed budget (and budget breakdown) for undertaking Trust Administration function.
Please note that preference will be given to local service providers in the western cape region
For enquiries kindly call BONGANI MAKHUBO on 061 401 2474 / 011 262 0515 or email at email@example.com
Applications to be submitted by no later than 4pm on Friday, 15 February 2019.
Kindly note that no late applications will be considered.