Corruption Watch (CW) is a nonprofit, civil society organisation. CW receives reports of corruption from the public, investigates certain reports, exposes corruption through communications’ platforms and mobilises the public to take a stand against corruption and the abuse of public funds.
CW seeks to appoint a Junior Attorney, to be based in Johannesburg.
Remuneration: Note that a basic stipend will be offered for the position
The purpose of this role is to provide general and legal support to Corruption Watch’s Legal and Investigations department through the execution of various duties, including but not limited to legal research and drafting, drafting submissions on various policy documents including draft bills, investigative work, general administrative work, and assistance with project based deliverables.
- Legal drafting and strategic litigation thinking
- Factual research on specific cases and reports
- Legal research and writing, including the drafting of opinion pieces
- Assist with legal projects, campaigns workshops and seminars
- General administrative assistance to the Legal and Investigations team
- LLB Degree
- Demonstrate interest in anti-corruption and human rights work
- Proactive attitude and enthusiasm for CW’s mission and vision
- General understanding of the South African Political Climate
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Interpersonal skills as well as ability to work closely with diverse group of professionals and different departments
- Organised with administrative and file management skills
To apply, submit cover letter motivating your application for the position, CV (not more than five pages) and three contactable work references (including email addresses) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Corruption Watch, refer to www.corruptionwatch.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies