School Turnaround Foundation
The School Turnaround Foundation is an educational NGO that supports to schools to achieve excellence. School Turnaround Foundation is not about ‘improving schools’, but rather to develop “excellent school by design”, where all learners are stretched and supported to be successful, in order to realise their ‘dreams’ beyond schooling. It means that the organisation does things differently so that the organisation moves beyond the high dropout rate, the mediocre learner outcomes, high unemployment and despair. This is achieved by facilitating deep change on an individual level and system change on an organisational level.
The SGB seeks to employ a Web and Social Media Developer, to be based in Cape Town.
Hours: Two days a week: 8 AM to 4 PM
The purpose of the position is to manage web pages and the social media of the organisation and project schools on a part-time basis.
- Minimum Education level: Matric
- Written and oral communication skills
- A solid grasp of graphic and web design
- Corporate experience in marketing and social media
- Working knowledge of Wordpress
- Outstanding client relationship experience
- Exceptional time management capabilities.
- Be a South African citizen resident in Cape Town, preferably in the Southern Suburbs.
- Excellent command of English (read, write, speak)
- Handle Frequent Feedback
- Keen Attention to Details
- Self-Starter Attitude
- Strong Problem Solver
- Thrive in a Team Environment
- Troubleshoot and Communicate Effectively
- Work Well Under Pressure
- Able to assimilate into and work well with a small team of colleagues, as well as take direction from the operations manager
- Positive and helpful team player
To apply, submit a motivational letter, your CV and three recent work references to Ms February: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Contact will only be made with shortlisted candidates who will start the selection process through interviews.
After the completion of the selection process, the successful applicant will be required to start by 1 Feb 2019.
For more about School Turnaround Foundation, refer to www.schoolturnaroundfoundation.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies