Hivos Southern Africa Hub
Hivos Southern Africa Hub, aims towards an open and green society, inspired by humanist values such as freedom, dignity, responsibility and curiosity. Our objective is that every person can live in freedom and dignity on a planet that is sustainable. We pride ourselves as upholding the principles of Social innovation of generating new ideas and approaches that resolve existing social, cultural, economic and environmental challenges for the benefit of people and planet.
Hivos Southern Africa in partnership with SIDA Regional SRHR team and Ford Foundation is implementing a four-year regional programme that seeks to strengthen interventions on Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and to amplify its existing work on broader SRHR issues across East and Southern Africa (ESA) sub-regions. In facilitating voice, agency and collaboration amongst youth-led and youth-focused SRHR organisations in the region through the existing Regional SRHR Fund key activities include: sub-granting, coordination of key actors, convening of strategic meetings, building capacity and gathering and sharing information on advocacy and related SRHR issues to strengthen the efforts of civil society organisations (CSOs) working on SRHR in the ESA region
To support our office generate new initiatives and mobilise resources we are looking for a:
Finance and Administration Officer
Aim of the Job
The Finance and Administration Officer will provide an efficient and responsive finance, administrative, organizational and logistical service. The successful candidate will support the Programme Manager and other relevant staff with administrative coordination within the SRHR program and assist in resolving day to day operation problems. The Programme is being implemented in southern African and East Africa with the main office being in Johannesburg.
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for undertaking finance, administrative and logistical duties, guaranteeing that the SRHR program is maintained in an effective and efficient manner, and making sure that day-to-day office tasks are carried out smoothly.
- The administration of the Programme Coordinating Office which includes, financial management, office management, asset management, record keeping and administrative support
- Bookkeeping and ensure all required reports are done and submitted in a timely manner
- Maintaining an overview of finances of the office
- Procurement as per organisation manual
- Ensure proper support is given to Grants and Finance Officer and programme staff
- Administration and facilitation of meetings, trainings, workshops and other special events including all required logistics
- Arrange travel and accommodation for programme staff and travel related logistics as requested
- Supporting Programme staff in grant making procedures including contract initiation and finalisation using the Hivos ERP system
- Organize and maintain the diary of the Program Manager
- Scheduling and documenting programme meetings
- Assist with internal and external communication and other correspondence
- Develop and maintain an appropriate filing and tracking system
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Programme Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Finance and Administrative role
- Completed Diploma in finance or any other related tertiary qualification in finance from a recognised professional institution
- Completed Diploma in Office Administration or other related qualification
- High level computer literacy in Microsoft Office and accounting software
- Must be fluent in English and be able to communicate effectively
- Experience working in a Non-Governmental Organization environment
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- High energy, self-motivated, independent worker who is highly organized, results oriented and deadline driven
- Friendly, professional mannerism in dealing with the public both face to face and telephonically
- Accuracy and confidentiality
- Creative and flexible approach to work, and ability to work well independently and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment
Hivos offers a challenging position in an international and diverse work environment.
The Regional office is based in Harare, Zimbabwe. This position will be based in the local office in Johannesburg, South Africa and Hivos can only offer employment on local terms and conditions. However, Hivos welcomes Regional and International applicants in possession of a valid work permit for South Africa.
For more information on Hivos visit www.hivos.org
If you meet the above mentioned qualifications send a letter explaining your motivation and your CV to:
Hivos e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 25 January 2019
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.