University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: VMMC lll
Position Title: Contracts Administrator
Type: Regular / Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Contracts and Compliance Officer
Location: Gauteng: Pretoria (Tshwane)
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
The URC Quality & Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC which serves as an organizing force to bring together best practices, staff experience, partnerships, and documentation on improving health care at URC. QPI leads URC’s initiatives to improve health delivery and develop country capacity to strengthen health and human service delivery systems.
QPI’s work focuses on strengthening health systems to develop the capacity to continuously improve and achieve better outcomes. Through QPI, URC has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981, in addition to our work in the following areas: community health; gender integration; health workforce development; HIV; knowledge management; maternal, newborn and child health/family planning; nutrition; research and evaluation; and vulnerable children and families.
QPI leads a consortium of partners to implement the USAID Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Project to scale up VMMC services in South Africa.
The main objectives of the project are:
- Increasing demand for VMMC among men ages 15-34
- Providing high quality, high volume, cost-efficient VMMC services
- Coordinating the forecasting, procurement, quality assurance, distribution and storage of VMMC surgical kits and commodities
- Supporting the transition of donor-funded VMMC service delivery to Department of Health facilities to introduce public sector sustainability
The project aims to reach 80 percent circumcision coverage among the target population to reduce HIV infection rates by working at fixed, outreach, and mobile VMMC sites in rural and urban priority districts across six provinces of South Africa: Free State, Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, and North West.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Contracts Administrator will assist in conducting pre-award contracts and post awards activities, maintain Sub Contracts Files, ensuring compliance on cost and filing.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review subcontractor invoices to ensure that they all costs are in accordance with subcontract requirements
- Contribute to the delivery of efficient and effective Sub contract management services for the program team in an electronic environment
- Provide support to the drafting, development and implementation of Sub Contracts and modifications including conducting due diligence
- Ensures all agreements are written / documented and filed properly for future reference
- Maintain an excellent filing system for both e- filing, hard copies and one drive
- Ensure all Existing and new Partner have relevant contracts, Justification Memos, COI, running LexisNexis
- Maintain contract files for all contract invoices processed, approved and paid to date
- Electronic filing on one drive
- Any other related duties and relevant tasks assigned by supervisor
Required Experience & Qualifications
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
Computer Skills: word processing (Word); spreadsheet (Excel)
- Bachelor’s Degree with one year of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum two years of experience working with USAID or other donor-funded agencies
- Minimum one year of experience with federal contracting and/or contract administration- FAR or CFR Regulations advantageous
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated customer service skills and an aptitude for maintaining-Sub Contractors relationships
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills strongly encouraged
- Possess excellent analytical skills
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Valid Code 8 Drivers license
- Ability and willingness to travel to Travel
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Interested, qualified candidates can also send their resumes to email@example.com on or before the 28 January 2019. Closing date for applications: 28 January 2019.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.