Bulungula Incubator Online Learning programme (iiTablet Tshomiz)
Position: Head of Content and Learning
Bulungula Incubator seeks to appoint a manager to head up the content and learning aspects of our Online Learning programme (iiTablet Tshomiz). Title: Head of Content and Learning.
We are looking for a young dynamic individual, passionate about young learners and working with post-school youth. This person will need to lead a team of facilitators, develop and run supplementary school programmes and provide teaching and learning support across our 4 primary schools that we work in. The iiTablet Tshomiz programme is primarily a tablet internet based programme for differentiated learning for each child. The programme is run at our schools with the help of a group of facilitators. The programme includes both numeracy and literacy and has a strong emphasis on the Foundation Phase. It is a relatively new project that requires someone with the requisite energy and initiative to help ensure its success.
This person will be requried to work closely with the iiTablet Tshomiz Project Manager.
- Activate and coordinate training cycle phases according to scheduled training logs with facilitators
- Lead and coordinate pre-training/mentorship sessions with new facilitators, including necessary training material and logistics as guided by the iiTablet Tshomiz Project Manager
- Assist and contribute to curriculum design, development and orientation processes as guided by the iiTablet Tshomiz Project Manager
- Assist and contribute to supplementary programme design, development and orientation processes as guided by the iiTablet Tshomiz Project Manager (for example, initiate reading/ maths clubs)
- Conduct preliminary analysis of training/mentorship evaluations/reflections/feedback and share key recommendations with iiTablet Tshomiz Project Manager for further consideration and action.
- Monitor and track training programme activities, to handle any issues arising, including escalating these to the training manager
- Facilitate reflective platform discussions with the Facilitator Team
- Lead and respond to any requests from the Facilitator Team
- Keep the Facilitator Team motivated and energised
- Ensure record keeping as prescribed by the iiTablet Tshomiz Project Manager
- Related tertiary qualification a necessity, particularly in the fields of education, project management, and/or social development (foundation phase teacher qualification will be preferred)
- Fluency in both English and Xhosa will be strongly preferred
- Proven work experience as team leader, training facilitator and working with children
- Track record in coordinating diverse training teams (particularly working with post-school youth)
- Have valid driver’s license
- Multi-tasking and Time-management skills
- Great people skills, enjoy working with people
- Teaching skills
- Facilitation, presentation, coaching and mentorship skills
- Communication and Leadership skills
Salary is negotitable within the Bulungula Incubator budgetary constraints. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All queries to be directed via email, no phone call queries will be responded to. Deadline for applications: 31 January 2019