Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity in their work. We are seeking exceptional Pretoria-based candidates for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program.
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform, and accelerate investment to increase power generation and access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth. Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment and continued political will.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is responsible for Project reporting according to the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plan and will support the Project team in the successful tracking of all activities towards the project objectives. The M&E Specialist will report to the PMO Lead.
- Indicator Data Collection, Verification, and Management
- Maintain and enhance the database containing all indicator data for the project by activity and in alignment with the components of the M&E Plan
- Collect and verify indicator data from all project activities, disaggregate data as appropriate
- Work closely with Training and Logistics Specialists to ensure that all events and trainings have appropriate data collection processes and data integrity for USAID reporting
- Alignment of Project Activities to M&E Plan
- Support the alignment of all Work Plan activities to Performance Indicator, Targets, and Expected Results in the M&E Plan
- Assist in setting monitoring and evaluation targets and collect indicator data for all activities
- Assist in revising the M&E and Annual Work Plans to fit the project’s priorities and targets
- Communicate with the team that includes subcontractors, long-term and short-term consultants, and the full-time staff to report on activities and indicators for each technical activity monthly, quarterly and annually as reporting requires and for ad-hoc requests as needed throughout the year
- M&E Reporting
- Report on progress against indicators and results to technical teams and to USAID as requested
- Prepare sections of quarterly and annual reports relevant to progress against M&E plan
- As needed, alert Task Leads and Chief of Party on data quality issues or progress against targets and propose solutions for reaching or amending at-risk issues
- Maintain version control over M&E Plan document
- Maintain change log of M&E document
Minimum Skills, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Economics, or related discipline required; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of six (6) years professional monitoring and evaluation experience required, including experience developing, delivering and managing complex M&E frameworks in Southern Africa with specific emphasis on the energy sector
- Expertise in designing monitoring and evaluation frameworks, including setting up theories of change, results frameworks, indicators, targets, and data collection plans is critical
- USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning experience preferred
- Experience working for Power Africa or other USAID programs such as PEP
- Experience working with sub-contractors, partners and grantees
- Proactive individual with a positive attitude willing to work in team settings
- Ability to liaise effectively with and develop consensus among key stakeholders, including donors, beneficiaries, national and local officials, public, private and civil society partners to assure effective collaboration among stakeholders.
- Strong individual initiative, including the ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with minimal oversight
- English language fluency (strong written and verbal skills) required
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to travel as needed
Please send a cover letter and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 25 January 2019. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly download the application to be completed on the following link: http://www.ngopulse.org/resource-centre/fte-application-form-me
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Project LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.