Founded in 2011, Transitions Foundation works to improve the performance of young people across the spectrum of educational needs. We recognise that young South Africans face a myriad of challenges as they try to transition their way through school and our aim is to facilitate these transitions by helping them overcome the obstacles that lie between hardship and happiness.
Through our Saturday school programmes, Transitions provides tutoring and mentoring, master classes with some of the country’s most talented young people, as well as leadership and workplace skills development to help our country’s youth ;We currently run a 10 week Summer and 10 week Winter academic support programmes for high school learners in Rabie Ridge, Midrand, and are looking for a Volunteer/Part Time Managing Director (MD) in the Johannesburg area that can manage our operations and scale up our work.It is expected that the MD role will evolve as the organisation’s needs develop over the long-term.
Our ideal candidate will possess strong leadership capabilities, will be highly self-motivated, driven, hard-working, passionate about young people and social impact, and an all-round team player.
This role could potentially be filled by someone who holds another job in a related field (e.g. teaching, non-profit management, etc) and is able to commit 25% of their time to managing the operations of Transitions Foundation. Responsibilities will include running the Saturday school programme and the successful candidate will be required to be onsite supporting and overseeing the running of the programme when in session.
- Day-to-day operations of the Foundation
- Fundraising and donor, school and parent relations
- Building and managing a team of volunteer tutors, coordinators, and mentors
- Regular communication with partners, volunteers and families of our learners
- Leading the organisation’s strategic vision along with the board
- Regular meetings with the board • Scaling up of the organisation’s activities
- • Running the Saturday school programme