St Josephs Home for chronically ill children
Working within the social work team the social worker, while acting in the best interests of the child at all times is responsible for;
- Ensuring that children admitted to the Home are appropriate and that their overall needs are met and their rights are upheld at all times.
- As parents/family are crucial to the healing of the child, ensuring that contact with the family members is maintained and facilitated.
- Ensuring that the child is reintergrated into the fmaily /comunity
- Admissions and readmissions of appropriate patients to the Home.
- Ensure that a therapeutic environment is maintained within the Home
- Play an integral role in the multi-disciplined /therapeutic team.
- Plan for the patients’ future needs and long term care
- Advocate for the Rights of the Child
- Admin and report writing
- Professional development
- 5 years’ experience in hospital/health environment essential.
- Ability to speak, read and write Afrikaans.
- Xhosa would be an advantage.
- Good administration, report writing, internal and external communication skills.
- Mediation skills
- Drive and energy
- Analysis and problem solving
- Team player
Please send CV and motivational letter to HR@stjosephshome.org.za