The Right2Know Campaign (R2K) is looking for an experienced Finance Coordinator to oversee the day-to-day financial management of the organization to support efficient and effective campaigning efforts and ensure R2K continues to grow as a vibrant democratic Campaign.
This is an opportunity to work with committed activists around the country to support popular campaigns that have a real impact on the challenges facing South Africa at this critical period in our democracy.
- Work with R2K staff and leaders to maintain effective financial oversight characterized by transparency and accountability;
- Monitor compliance with fiduciary obligations, develop and maintain financial policies systems;
- Ensure the production of regular financial reports and audits;
- Ensure R2K complies with various statutory and contractual obligations.
- Ensure campaign resources are available to staff and activists to full their mandate;
- Manage the Campaign’s administrative staff;
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in a comparable position in the non-profit field;
- A relevant tertiary qualification;
- Commitment to the democratic principles of the R2K Campaign;
- In-depth knowledge of non-profit financial governance, financial management, and general management best practice – the ability to work with Pastel Accounting and Payroll will be a strong advantage.
- Understand performance management principles and maintain good working relationships with staff and volunteer activists in flexible team environments;
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with multilingualism being an advantage;
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task, pay attention to detail, planning, organising and time management;
- Strong computer skills essential (word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and Internet);
The Right2Know is offering the opportunity to have a real impact on the challenges facing South Africa from within a dynamic environment and supportive team.
The successful candidate will be based at our National Office in Salt River, Cape Town.
To apply please upload a CV with contactable references and and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements listed above using this form: https://goo.gl/forms/nDGObKenBpj6mZqp1
Applications close at 12h00 on Thursday 24 January 2019. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. R2K reserves the right not to make an appointment. For more information visit www.r2k.org.za.