The Right2Know Campaign (R2K) is looking for an experienced Deputy National Coordinator support efficient and effective campaigning efforts and ensure R2K continues to grow as a vibrant democratic Campaign.
This is an opportunity to work with committed activists around the country to support popular campaigns that have a real impact on the challenges facing South Africa at this critical period in our democracy.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programmatic work;
- Work with R2K staff and leaders to maintain effective participatory decision-making processes characterized by transparency and accountability to ensure R2K is a vibrant democratic activist Campaign;
- Oversee the development of Campaign leadership;
- Support the Campaign to take steps to combat patriarchy, racism and other discrimination and promote equality;
- Review and maintain R2K’s information management and communications to ensure the Campaign’s work is well communicated and documented;
- Ensure effective popular education and campaigning materials are developed and used effectively.
- Develop, maintain, and review R2K’s relevant operational policies and procedures;
- Prepare funding proposals/reports and cultivate relationships with donors;
- Manage the Campaign’s advocacy staff.
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in a comparable position in the non-profit field;
- A relevant tertiary qualification;
- Experience working in democratic activists spaces and commitment to the democratic principles of the R2K Campaign;
- Knowledge of non-profit governance and general management best practice;
- Experience in developing and evaluating strategic and operational plans;
- Understand performance management principles and maintain good working relationships with staff and volunteer activists in flexible team environments;
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills essential, with multilingualism being an advantage;
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task, pay attention to detail, planning, organising and time management;
- Strong computer skills essential (word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and Internet);
- A driver’s licence would be an advantage.
The Right2Know is offering the opportunity to have a real impact on the challenges facing South Africa from within a dynamic environment and supportive team.
The successful candidate will be based at our National Office in Salt River, Cape Town.
To apply please upload a CV with contactable references and and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements listed above using this form: https://goo.gl/forms/vMORTDek7UVpaNms1
Applications close at 12h00 on Thursday 24 January 2019. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. R2K reserves the right not to make an appointment. For more information visit www.r2k.org.za.