Child Welfare Durban and District
Child Welfare Durban and District is an established Non-Governmental Organisation dedicated to caring for Children and Youth. We seek to appoint a suitably qualified Procurement Officer who will be responsible for the Organisations Procurement programme. The successful candidate will work from the Organisations head office in Greyville and will report to the Financial Manager.
- Obtain and negotiate prices/quotations;
- Process relevant paperwork to purchase whilst ensuring delivery of requested commodities and services for various units;
- Ensure timeous release of requisitions and purchase orders, by placing and expediting orders with suppliers; following up on goods receipts with operations;
- Develop new alternative sources of supply by taking part in commodity execution programs, volume pooling, evaluation of vendor performance and management of supplier relationships;
- Initiating action for the different departments within the Organisation to ensure Microsoft office housekeeping is maintained regarding requisitions, outstanding orders and goods receipting;
- Identifying potential suppliers and verifying supplier qualifications for take on as vendors.
- Utilisation and compliance of contracts and utilization of e-tools
- Valid Code 08 Driver’s License
- Grade 12 plus a certificate in Procurement & Supply Operations (CIPS) or equivalent procurement diploma.
- Minimum 5 years’ purchasing experience
- Exposure in a hospitality environment will be advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement and supply chain processes, as well as inventory management.
- The incumbent must
- have analytical skills
- display negotiation skills
- have the ability to handle complaints and solve problems; and
- have exceptional communication skills.
Salary package for this post is between R9 687.00 - R10 595.00
Applicants must apply in writing, including three contactable references and a detailed CV to: Human Resources Department Child Welfare Durban and District email@example.com
Closing date for application: 15 January 2019
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.