Child Welfare Durban and District
Child Welfare Durban and District is the largest Child Protection organisation in the southern hemisphere offering child protective services to the greater part of Durban.
The organisation has a vacancy for an Occupational Health and Safety Officer
We are looking for a responsible Safety Officer to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines. You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations and OHS Act. Your work will be largely focused on prevention so you need to be conscientious and farsighted. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies and after hours.
The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
- Supporting the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advising and instructing on various safety-related topics
- Conducting risk assessment and enforcing preventative measures
- 3 Year Experience as a safety officer
- In depth knowledge of the OHS Act, legislation and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Diploma/Certificate in occupational health and safety management
- Drivers License
Interested applicants are requested to apply in writing enclosing a detailed copy of their CV to:Recruitment@cwdd.org.za
The package is dependent upon qualification and experience (CTCPA R96 000k - 120 000k)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 15 January 2019
If you have not heard from us within one week of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.