Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, whip-smart, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share in these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want you to join us on the next leg of our journey!
- Implement advanced CommCare app features for Dimagi projects which require platform expertise, and a high level of technical competency.
- Provide early-stage design support to projects to scope the value and risk of complex technical components.
- Develop, document, and champion best practices with our field teams for application deployment and release for large projects.
- Provide product feedback and technical requirements to the tech team to inform the design of advanced features for the platform
- Work with Dimagi’s support team to backstop issues requiring a deep knowledge of the platform. Develop tools and procedures to build capacity in the support team to independently resolve complex issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or an equivalent technical field and 2+ years of experience in a professional technical role, or
- 5+ years of experience in a professional technical role.
- Able to build an understanding of the scope of a (non-technical) problem and adapt novel technical solutions to it.
- Aptitude and self-direction to quickly learn new technical systems.
- Capacity to seek out, identify, and interpret unfamiliar technical components (configuration files, http response, etc) to identify and address problems.
- Strong debugging skills
- • Strong oral and written communication skills.
- • Eligible to work in a Dimagi country office (Cape Town) upon hiring.
- • Available to travel internationally to support project work and build capacity with Dimagi’s teams
- Ability to coordinate with teams across multiple geographies.
- Eager to help/strong drive to teamwork.
- Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful.