Thanda was founded in 2008 in the rural community of Umtwalume on the South Coast of KZN in an effort to fill the gaps for children where social services, schools, and communities had been stretched thin. Today, we provide over 650 children with Early Childhood Development and daily After-School Education programmes, and run Organic Agriculture Development Programmes for over 200 adults.
Thanda seeks to appoint a Head of Partnership Development, to be based in Hibberdene, KwaZulu Natal.
Remuneration: R288 000 - R312 000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
The Head of Partnership Development is responsible for developing comprehensive fundraising strategies focused on identifying, cultivating and leveraging financial and in-kind support to increase Thanda’s visibility, impact and financial resources.
- Developing a comprehensive fundraising & partnership strategy each year
- Manage the implementation and evaluation of all Thanda’s fundraising activities
- Cultivate and enrich relationships with partners
- Assist with administrative and other tasks as delegated by the Executive Director
- Directly responsible for soliciting/securing major gifts meeting an annual fundraising goal of approximately R9M
- Implement fundraising and partnership strategies and collaborates with a grant-writing consultant
- Participate in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives
- Work within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organisation and accountable and responsible for assigned projects, as well as the overall management of his/her team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Manager and team-player with at least one year of proven management experience
- Fundraising / entrepreneurial / sales / business skills and experience
- Experience in strategic planning
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable personality
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple tasks on tight timelines
- Relationship-orientated - highly skilled in developing and sustaining positive relationships with donors
- Ability to conduct prospect research
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Results-oriented with a friendly, collaborative approach and a team-oriented style
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High levels of responsibility, energy, and enthusiasm
- Minimum of three years’ professional work experience
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Willingness to travel, if necessary
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Advanced knowledge of CRM databases (preferred)
To apply, submit your CV and one page covering letter to email@example.com
In the subject line of your email, please write “Application: Head of Partnership Development 2019_[Insert Your Name]”
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis up until the deadline.
Please note that this role has been advertised previously, if you have already applied, please do not reapply as this will lead to you being automatically excluded. People short-listed from the first round of advertisements will be contacted by 10 January 2019.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
For more about Thanda, refer to www.thanda.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.