Common Good is a faith-based, not-for-profit organisation working in a range of communities. We're passionate about addressing issues of social justice that challenge our city. We seek to make a positive and lasting impact in the areas of early life, education and employment, so that individuals and communities across Cape Town can build brighter futures for themselves.
The Zanokhanyo Network (TZN) is Common Good’s employment initiative. We offer transformative job readiness training that empowers the unemployed with the confidence, skills and resources they need to obtain meaningful work.
The trainer is primarily responsible for facilitating job readiness training on- and off-site, support other trainers, training administration, mentor & develop TZN students, assist with placements where required.
- Facilitate TZN’s Job Readiness course and ensure that students graduate.
- Make sure all training props and equipment are in place for training.
- Liaise with the Senior trainer regarding number of training manuals to be ordered.
- Ensure the register is accurate and up to date.
- Liaise with Senior trainer to order toiletries for external training where necessary.
- Compile training report in consultation with the Senior Trainer.
- Contact absentee students and arrange make-up sessions
- Assist with the selection of suitably qualified graduates for employment opportunities
- Prepare reference letters (where required).
- Arrange a Preacher for Graduation and order graduation certificates in consultation with the Senior Trainer.
- 1-2 years of experience in facilitation with different age groups (Accredited Trainer/Facilitator advantageous)
- Completed Matric / Grade 12.
- Driver’s License
- Good communication skills, proficient in English (verbal and written).
- Work well within a team and unsupervised.
- Able to motivate/encourage clients and colleagues as needed.
- Provide basic counselling when needed.
- Resourcefulness and creativity.
- Planning and organisational skills
- Time Management, problem solving, conflict management.
- Computer skills: Basic knowledge and experience with Outlook & Microsoft Office Packages.
To apply, please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references to email@example.com by 11 January 2019.
NB: Indicate the position title in the subject line
NOTE: An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within one month of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful. We reserve the right not to fill the position.