Enhancing Care Foundation
Enhancing Care Foundation (ECF) is a not-for-profit organization based in South Africa that provides key health system strengthening, capacity building, clinical and non-clinical research services. The vision is to be the premier institute of research and development in the fields of HIV, TB and other related diseases
Enhancing Care Foundation (ECF) was awarded a grant from the Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM) with emphasis on TB in Mines and seeks to appoint a Project Assistant for a period of 3 years.
Fixed Term Appointment
The Project Assistant serves as the principal assistant to the Project Director, and administrative liaison with internal and external partners. S/he will support the delivery of project activities by implementing partners towards specified objectives. S/he shall develop systems and manage the administration duties related to the project. S/he will be based in Johannesburg and report to the Project Director.
The position comprises of 4 core areas of responsibility and include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and disseminate project related correspondence;
- Assist in stock management, financial tracking, budget control and financial reporting as required;
- Schedule and attend relevant stakeholder meetings;
- Provide assistance on the field, as required;
Project Support & Documentation:
- Plan, coordinate and execute project related activities
- Draft, prepare, process and disseminate project documentation
- Develop and maintain filing systems and assist in the storage and distribution of all project information;
- Document control and management;
Monitoring and Evaluation Assistance:
- Assist in the collection of data
- Provide database reports, M&E, mapping and other reporting assistance;
- Maintain activity records and files.
Compile weekly and monthly reports;
Ensure that all deadlines for submission of reports are communicated to the relevant departments;
Maintain and manage reporting schedules and records
In addition to the above, the incumbent will be required to perform any other reasonably requested duty, within the scope of his/her skills and ability.
- Minimum education requirement: degree or higher diploma in business management, project management or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in project management (i.e. report writing, program planning). Experience within the health, TB or related fields will be an added advantage
- Strong administrative and planning skills.
- The incumbent must be able to travel within the SADC region and be in possession of a valid, unendorsed drivers’ license
- The incumbent must be highly proficient in MS office, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Knowledge of MS Project, or similar PM software will be an advantage.
- The incumbent must possess strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- S/he must demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail as well as possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Considerable flexibility and ability to prioritize and shift priorities as business dictates is highly recommended
- S/he must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- S/he must demonstrate the ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment
Please forward a detailed CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 11 January 2019. Please include your current notice period and salary expectation in your cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within 3 weeks of closing date for applications should assume the application as unsuccessful.