The Carpenter's Shop (TCS)
The Carpenter’s Shop (TCS), founded in 1981, is a non-profit organisation based in Cape Town. With over three decades of experience in developing people’s skills, TCS offers its clients and residents access to a free ablution facilities, regular health and wellness clinic days, social care support, short-term accommodation and life skills training to help them become financially stable and rejoin mainstream society.
The Carpenter’s Shop seeks to appoint a Marketing and Fundraising Executive, to be based in Cape Town.
Reports to: The Director
Start Date: 1 February 2019
The purpose of the Marketing and Fundraising Executive is to perform various marketing activities that increases TCS’s profile and supports awareness and fundraising; and to undertake fundraising activities to secure and grow funding and donor income to meet TCS’s strategic and operational plans.
- Plan, develop and deliver communications and marketing functions
- Identify, attract and secure new sponsorships, donations and funding grants.
- Write and distribute funding proposals to a targeted number of potential donors, trusts, foundations, institutions and international funders.
- Develop, nurture and maintain professional relationships with donors and to steward existing funder relationships
- Support the generation of new business for TCS’s various social enterprises
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in Marketing and Fundraising
- Communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Proficient in digital and social media platforms
- A relevant tertiary qualification will be advantageous
- A background in, or an understanding of the NPO sector will be beneficial
- Knowledge and understanding of the homeless phenomenon
- Administration, planning and organizational skills
- Action oriented and results driven
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office and the ability to use relevant CRM applications
To apply, submit your CV and motivational letter (less than 1 page) to HR@tcs.org.za
Please quote “MFE FEB19” in the subject line, or on any application correspondence.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Should you not receive any feedback from us within 2 weeks of the above closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about The Carpenter’s Shop, refer to http://thecarpentersshop.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies