The Nal'ibali Trust
Chief Financial Officer - CA (SA)
Nal’ibali is a national reading for enjoyment campaign that seeks to spark children’s potential through reading, writing and storytelling. We are on the lookout for a capable and experienced chartered accountant to join us as chief financial officer.
Purpose: Responsible for the financial and other support service functions within the organisation
Based: Cape Town
- Reporting to the Managing Director,
- Coordinates appropriate financial and management accounting,
- Supplies reports and statistics for funders, board and board committees, directors and management,
- Responsible for budgeting, financial modelling and analysis, forecasting, internal controls, tax including VAT, financial policies, investments and overall fiscal integrity of the organisation,
- Presents financial information appropriately and with integrity,
- Adopts a holistic approach to understanding organisation’s needs,
- Contributes, supports, and directs other support service functions including human resources, procurement, administration, information technologies, office management, governance and risk,
- Directs, manages and coordinates teams in the above functional areas,
We are looking for a strong, energetic and self-motivated individual who is able to work both strategically and operationally. A person who is able to lead their team and pull up their sleeves when required to ensure the best use of limited resources for programme beneficiaries. Someone with a positive and professional approach who is able to think on their feet and respond quickly and thoughtfully.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Good tax knowledge including VAT
- At least five years’ managerial experience,
- Experience in civil society or the NGO sector a plus,
- Experience managing significant international and/or multinational grants
- Good people skills and strong leadership skills,
- Fluency at least one South African language and English
To apply, please would you forward a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 11 January 2019.