The Homestead Projects for Street Children
The Homestead (Projects for Street Children), based in Cape Town, works to help Street Children reconstruct their shattered lives, and to provide prevention and early intervention services to children and families in disadvantaged communities. The Homestead helps over 150 street children a year, has 90 boys in residential care, and helps over 250 chronically neglected and abused community children each week.
The Homestead seeks to appoint a CYCC Unit Manager/Senior Social Worker, to be based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
Start date: January or February 2019.
Salary: An above NPO average salary package according to experience, plus comprehensive provident fund that includes life insurance, funeral plan, disability insurance and pension.
The purpose of this position is to manage and develop our Child and Youth Care Centre for 65 boys aged between 6 and 18 in Khayelitsha and manage every aspect of the centre, including to develop, manage and empower 25 professional staff, its programmes, facilities and children.
- Master’s degree, or currently completing a Master’s degree in Social Work
- Current SACSSP registration
- Comprehensive understanding of CYCC Norms and Standards and relevant sections of the Children’s act, including maintaining and being accountable for statutory placements
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to effectively develop and maintain Excel, database and cloud monitoring and evaluation systems as well as social media profiles.
- Understanding of the challenges currently facing Child and Youth Care Centres, current compliance requirements and the need to professionalise the Child and Youth Care sector
- Ability to develop structured therapeutic and developmental programmes and interventions for children in need of care and protection
- Understanding of the needs of traumatised children and children with behavioural and substance abuse challenges
- Ability to work, and experience at a senior management level as well as with community leaders and union representatives
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Ability to initiate, develop and establish intervention, therapeutic, development and/or child care programmes from scratch
- Ability to work with Youth and their challenges.
- Fluency in English as well as either Afrikaans or Xhosa
- Ability to see opportunity in adversity
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to develop internal programmes, systems, and development opportunities as well as family, community and outreach components for a healing and developmental facility for children.
To apply, submit your CV, proof of qualification, proof of SACSSP registration and proof of driver’s licence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Applications without a valid driver’s licence, or who do not meet the above minimum requirements will not be considered or responded to.
Applicants must be willing to undergo relevant HR psychometric testing, as well as relevant ID, background, health and credit checks.
Faxed applications will not be considered
For more about Homestead Projects for Street Children, refer to www.homestead.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies