Programme to Improve Learning Outcomes (PILO)
Programme to Improve Learning Outcomes (PILO) is a system wide change programme that seeks to provide district officials, teachers and school management teams with the tools and training needed to have professional, supportive, conversations about curriculum coverage based on evidence so that the problems of curriculum coverage are identified and solved and learning outcomes improve across the system.
PILO has been successfully supporting KwaZulu-Natal (2015-2019) and Gauteng (2018-2019) and is now also supporting the Free State.
PILO seeks to appoint Coaches to be based in:
- uMzinyathi district, KZN
- Southern Fezile Dabi district, Free State
Salary: R 340 000 to R 410 000 depending on qualifications and experience
- Provide coaching and training to schools
- Provide support and coaching to district and school officials to develop their capacity in their roles
- Provide planning and problem-solving support to district and school officials
- Maintain relationships with district and school officials
- Provide input into programme and content design by engaging with the broader PILO team
- Monitor and report on impact of the PILO programme
- Draft reports on programme implementation, successes, lessons learnt, and any other reports as required
- Must have a relevant educational degree
- Must have been a qualified teacher with teaching experience
- Must have a driver’s license and own car (proof to be submitted)
- Previous SMT experience is an advantage
- Previous District/Circuit support is an advantage
To apply, submit a covering letter, detailed CV and certified copies of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearly state if you are applying for the FS or KZN position in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note: You have to be willing to reside in the specific area. If you are not residing in the area, you will be required to relocate at your own cost.
If you have not heard from the organisation by Friday, 17 May 2019, consider your application unsuccessful.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies