Jo'burg Child Welfare
Call for Proposals – JCW Strategic Management
Jo’burg Child Welfare (JCW) is a non-profit organization (NPO) founded in 1909. We provide a range of direct services to abused, abandoned, neglected, orphaned and vulnerable children (including those who are infected or have been affected by HIV and AIDS) in the Greater Johannesburg area of South Africa. Jo’burg Child Welfare provides care services, adoption and fostering, abuse treatment and prevention, rights advocacy and learning to children and their families across Johannesburg.
Scope of Work
We are looking for consultants, national or international, for the following work:
Strategic management function, with specific focus on, but not limited to:
- Sustainability strategy
- Income generation strategy
- Financial strategy
- Programme strategy
- The end-product must clearly outline short term, medium term and long term goals and strategies with quantifiable deliverables relevant to the current JCW financial and operational status
The service provider should meet the following competency requirements:
- Be competent in the strategic management function and processes
- Have at least five (5) years of recent experience in strategic management function and processes
- The bidder must have experience working with non-government organisations.
- Two to five pages overview and plan of approach
- Timeframe for each area of work envisaged
- Deliverables / milestones for each stage / area of work
- The plan must clearly indicate how long the process will be expected take from start to the finish
- Detailed price schedule in Rands, VAT inclusive, with a breakdown for each area of work / deliverable
- Company / Bidder profile that includes, among others
- Contact details of one person to be a liaison with JCW
- Skills and expertise of the bidder or the team, for the required service
- Brief curriculum vitae of the proposed team leader to be assigned to the contract
- List of prior strategic management assignments undertaken, with dates, values and brief description of the assignment
- Any other information the bidder may deem necessary and relevant for the bid
- Three (3) referees, with contact details, from prior strategic management assignments
- JCW reserves the right to invite bidders for presentation of the proposals before the award of the bid
- If presentations are required, JCW will give at least 5 days’ notice to the bidders required to do the presentation, with time and venue for the presentation
- JCW reserves the right to reject any proposal found to be inadequate or incomplete
- The bidder may not intend to assign, in whole or in part, any of its performance obligations to a third party unless prior consent is granted in writing by JCW
The proposals should be submitted as follows:
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pdf format and clearly marked “JCW Strategic Management Proposal”
- Closing date for the bids submission: - 18 January 2019 by 3.30pm
Late submissions will not be accepted.
General terms and conditions
JCW is entitled to, without attracting any liability:
- Not appoint any bidder
- Vary, alter and or amend the terms of the CFP, at any time prior to the finalization of the adjudication
- Not accept the lowest proposal or any proposal in part or in whole. The decision of the adjudication committee will be final.
- JCW reserves the right to award this CFP as a whole or in part without furnishing reasons.
- JCW reserves the right to cancel or withdraw this CFP as a whole or in part without furnishing reasons.
- The proposal and its acceptance shall be subject to the terms and conditions contained in this CFP document.
For more information or clarification please email Sophie Jessie at email@example.com
For more information on JCW please refer to http://jhbchildwelfare.co.za/