Learn to Earn
Learn to Earn seeks to employ a Poverty Stoplight Facilitator & Administrator, whose primary purpose would be to implement and co-ordinate activities relating to the Poverty Stoplight project across the Learn to Earn Group. The position is full time and is based at our Khayelitsha Campus (Cape Town), travel around the Western Cape will be required.
- To schedule and facilitate Poverty Stoplight interviews (baseline as well as follow up) with a predefined minimum number of participants (all LtE beneficiaries – current or past), of majority are to take place within their household setting (this also means that the individual may be required to work outside of the office hours and settings, up to 50% of the time)
- To facilitate the full reporting process on all interviews conducted (including regular data processing, collation and cross checking with other data sources), as well as the basic analysis of interview results
- Liaise with each of the Life skills trainers and co-ordinate further referrals (e.g. for counselling), as relevant and necessary
- Ensure LtE beneficiaries’ contact details and graduate follow up status details remain updated, comprehensive and up-to-date via the customised Salesforce CRM platform. Liaise with relevant other staff members (e.g. trainers, student & placement co-ordinator etc) in order to ensure this is the case, and update these as necessary
- Psychology or Social Work or Auxiliary Social Work or Counselling or Therapy or Coaching educational backgrounds
- Individuals with very strong community development and facilitation backgrounds must be able to handle issues of a sensitive nature with integrity and confidentiality, referring appropriately as/when necessary
- Proven ability to both plan and deliver results across a range of activities, including project management capabilities (ability to work to deadlines, with variety of stakeholders, and to achieve agreed interviewing and reporting targets)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good computer skills, particularly MS Office
- Must possess a current driving licence and own vehicle, and be prepared to travel across Western Cape on a regular basis on a travel reimbursement basis
- To endorse and promote the philosophy of ministry of LtE, likewise to promote and endorse the code of conduct of LtE
- Is a committed Christian with a sound understanding of holistic human development from a Christian perspective
- Member/regular attendance of a local evangelical church
- Excellent listener, knows how to communicate inter-culturally (ability to speak isiXhosa and/or Afrikaans would be a big advantage)
- Comfortable and familiar with travelling to and around informal settlement areas across the Western Cape (including but not limited to Khayelitsha, Mitchells Plain, Gugulethu, Samora Machel, Zwelihle, Mount Pleasant etc)
- Perceptive and creative: ability to make things happen (self motivated)
- Detail oriented, well-organised and structured
How to Apply:
Send us your CV and a Cover letter introducing yourself and include a motivation for applying for this position; include two contactable professional references and one from your Pastor/Minister. Please email to email@example.com and also visit the website www.learntoearn.org.za before applying.
Remuneration: To be discussed – based on core competencies and experience
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.