Action Volunteers Africa
Youth Development Opportunity
Join a movement of young people, who have the courage to do things differently!
Join Action Volunteers Africa and choose to volunteer in the 2019 Year Beyond programme.
YearBeyond is an exciting partnership between government, NGOs, business and young citizens. YearBeyond trains young people to serve as tutors and mentors in schools in Cape Town, while at the same time completing a range of self-development activities including:
- three short courses in Leadership and Development at Stellenbosch University
- a prestigious Social Innovation Challenge
- an intense self-development programme aimed at increasing volunteers’ navigational capacity
Volunteer are assigned to a primary or high school and spend 4 days per week at their schools with their learners to deliver an academic programme and mentorship. Every Friday volunteers will meet in clusters for training and reflection sessions. Volunteers receive a travel allowance to cover their costs of participation in the programme.
The position is full-time: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
We are looking for young people who fit the criteria below:
- 18 – 25 years old
- Living in Cape Town/ surrounds
- Matric grades: English (50%) and Maths or Maths Literacy (50%)
- Go-getter who takes initiative!
Applications close: 19 January 2019.