Linkages South Africa Senior Finance and Grants Officer
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Senior Finance and Grants Officer for the LINKAGES project in South Africa, aiming to reduce HIV incidence and mitigate the impact of HIV among men who have sex with men in South Africa by targeting hotspots in selected geographic locations in South Africa with a comprehensive package of services and interventions for MSM. LINKAGES South Africa aims to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among MSM in South Africa and build capacity of local community based MSM organizations to deliver HIV services tailored to the needs of MSM. While significant progress has been made to date, USAID/South Africa and LINKAGES aims to support approaches that are systematic, coordinated, data-driven, and community-led that will significantly stem new infections, mitigate the impact of HIV, and address structural barriers, including stigma and discrimination.
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Senior Finance and Grants Officer for the LINKAGES program in South Africa. The project will build on current investments made by USAID to reduce risk of HIV transmission among MSM and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. This project will accelerate the ability of the government of South Africa, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.
The Senior Finance and Grants Officer will be responsible for the program financial and grant management and ensuring compliance with FHI 360 and USAID financial and accounting procedures, rules and regulations. S/he will lead budget development, financial reporting, monitor program expenditures and maintain financial filing systems. S/he will be responsible for sub-award management, monitoring and compliance and will provide capacity development and technical support to sub-awardees to strengthen their grant management systems and ensure timely and efficient close-out of sub-agreements.
- Conduct cost analysis of initial sub-award budgets and subsequent modification of budgets for cost realism
- Coordinate the onsite and offsite compliance as well as financial management technical assistance plans for all sub-recipients
- Ensure sub-award tracking system is updated in a timely manner with relevant contractual as well as financial information
- Oversee the monthly review of sub-awardee financial reports to ensure adherence to USG rules and regulations as well as FHI 360 requirements
- Management of timely sub-awardee advance and liquidation process
- Coordination with the Program Associate to ensure sub-awardee questioned costs are addressed timeously
- Ensure SFR, OCIA, internal control and other systemic findings under sub-recipients are addressed and fixed in a timely fashion
- Work with the program on seamless start up and /or close out processes of sub-awards
The following are the minimum qualifications required for position:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a closely related field
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in financial management of large-scale, complex programs
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in financial management and reporting of a PEPFAR-funded activity
- Experience in managing and monitoring subgrants with local partners
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government financial and procurement rules and regulations
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
The position will ideally be based in Pretoria, South Africa and work out of the FHI 360 office. Preference is for South African nationals.
Applicants may send their applications to email@example.com
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.